Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Great Food and Backpacking Memories


Here at Hikeu Adventure Guides we are gearing up for the upcoming backpacking and hiking season in Vermont. One of our primary goals is to feed our backpacking customers really well. So off we went in search of the healthiest, best tasting, easiest to prepare, organic backcountry food we could find. We found the winner! We ordered a bunch of food from Mary Janes Outpost and tonight we performed our first taste test. I had "Eat Your Veggies" Pasta and Badmoon had Sweet Red Bell Pepper Pasta. I made up a batch of her cornbread too. Everything was delicious! I couldn't finish mine, but that won't be a problem after putting in 10-15 miles on the Long Trail.
We were so inspired by the food that we set up our tent in the yard after dinner. Tonight we will sleep in our Pacific Crest Trail home, the Taj. Setting her up and crawling in to get everything situated filled me with strong memeries and incredible joy. No matter where the Taj sits, I am at home. I'm sure our neighbors are wondering what those crazy people at Hikeu Adventure Guides are up to tonight!
Live What You Love!
Hap :)




No comments: